At Young & Well Orthodontics, Dr. Well and our team understand that each patient requires a custom treatment plan to fit his or her unique needs. As our patient, you can expect us to use a treatment method that fits your lifestyle and your smile goals, whether that’s with traditional metal braces, In-Ovation® self-ligating braces, Clarity™ clear braces, or Invisalign® clear aligners.
What’s the difference?
While all orthodontic treatments produce the same results, there are differences in how those results are met.
- Traditional braces move teeth and their roots in three dimensions by using brackets and a straight wire to align the teeth and correct the bite.
- Clear braces work in the same way as traditional braces, but they have better aesthetics, since the brackets are tooth colored.
- Self-ligating braces have a special door on each individual bracket that holds the wire in place. This reduces friction and ensures that the wire remains secured in each bracket in between visits, which can significantly reduce treatment time.
- Clear aligners are the most aesthetic option, used for clients who need mild to moderate correction of their teeth. Aligners are very precise and can be used to fine tune tooth positions very well.
- Lingual braces are placed on the inside of the teeth and cannot be seen. They are as powerful as traditional braces, but they’re invisible. It's perfect for pre-wedding makeovers or anyone interested in fast (they can take as little as six months!), effective orthodontic rehabilitation. We are now doing accelerated lingual braces at a cost far below market value.
What type of orthodontic treatment is right for you? The only way to answer that question is to schedule an appointment at our Beverly Hills orthodontic office. Dr. Well will examine your teeth and mouth, take any necessary radiographs, and create a treatment plan that will get you a perfect smile as efficiently as possible.